Complete Guide to Full Mouth Dental Implants
Full mouth dental implant is the latest method of restoring all your teeth for improving your overall appearance. If you need to replace the entire set of teeth, then this procedure is an effective way according to dentists. By choosing full mouth dental implants, you will be able to get back fully-functional and confident smile. Read on to know about the procedure and how it can help to improve your overall appearance.
About dental implants
Dental implants can help to chew food properly and smile with confidence. An implant helps in proper functioning and improving overall aesthetics at the time of replacing missing teeth.
About full mouth dental implants
Many patients see a dentist when they miss half of their teeth or come with weak teeth which cause trouble at the time of chewing food. In such situations, the dentist suggests full mouth dental implant by fixing prosthetic teeth for maintaining healthy lifestyle.
Suitable candidate for full mouth dental implants
- You need to have healthy gums
- You should have sufficient jawbone density for supporting dental implant
- You need to maintain good dental hygiene after performing full mouth implants
Benefits of full mouth dental implants
- Fewer dental implants needed
- Replace all your teeth at once
- Improve the bone quality
- Better ability of biting and chewing
- Look and function like natural teeth
- Support of permanent prosthetic device
- Better preservation of your jawbone
- Extremely durable and long-lasting
Different types of dental implants
- Endosteal– They are the commonly used method of implant and placed directly into the jawbone. These are made of titanium and then molded to appear like small screws.
- Subperiosteal– These are placed right beneath the gumline but above the jawbone. The method is done for patients who do not have healthy jawbone and do not want to perform bone augmentation.
Kinds of full mouth implants procedure
The type of full mouth Implant procedure depends on the number of implants you need, density of your jawbone, duration of the treatment and other requirements of patients. The two categories which exist are the following:
- Conventional Teeth Implants (Two/Multi-visit)
- Immediate Loading Dental Implants (Single visit)
- Others like Zygoma implants
- Conventional Teeth Implants or Two/Multi-visit: This is a common implant method for your full mouth teeth replacement. You need to see your dentist two times within the time span of three months. During the first visit, the dentist will be placing implants into the jawbone and then allow for healing properly. When osteo integrates within 3 months or so, you need to fix another dental visit for placing final teeth prosthesis over the implants. The most common conventional procedures include:
- All-on-4: With all-on-4, the dentist places replacement teeth at the top or bottom known as complete arch over four implants for each jaw. By choosing fewer supports, the placement of temporary set of occurs at the first phase only. The implants will then be left to bind strongly and heal with the jawbone for almost 3 months. During the second phase, the permanent teeth will be placed and patients can get back to their daily routine.
- All-on-6: In this case, the dentist places 6 dental implants in each jaw. Patients can take rest for almost 3 months to enable setting on implants into the jawbone. These implants are left submerged for patients to wear removable prostheses so that the healing sites do not compress during osseointegration period. The dentist places permanent set of teeth which appear natural at the second phase.
- Immediate Loading Implants or Single visit: Also known as same-day implants or teeth in a day, this method provides tooth implants on the same day. These implants get the needed support from basal bone area which is completely free from infections. The procedure won’t need bone grafting and is among the suitable solutions for patients who have low volume in the jaw or low bone density. It allows people with bad bone density to perform implant treatment and restore their dream smile.
- Zygoma implants: Zygomatic implants are just like conventional implants which remain secured into the zygomatic bone or cheekbone than upper jaw. The method helps when your upper jawbone does not have the strength for supporting regular implants. It is among the most advanced methods and the success depends on the skills and expertise of dental surgeons.
Steps involved in treatment
- Placing six to eight dental implants in your upper jaw
- Placement of four to six implants in lower jaw
- Natural-looking and durable porcelain teeth by fixing them to implants by screws or dental cement
Cost of full mouth dental implants
The cost of full mouth dental implants in Turkey (13 implants) is €15360 for holiday packages. There is a package offer for this month and you can undergo the procedure at £12500/€13260 only. Talk to your dentist and perform the treatment in a comfortable and relaxed environment. You will be able to restore the function and comfort of your natural and healthy teeth.
Factors affecting full mouth implants cost
- The number of implants: The dentist plans for the number of implants you will need depending upon final design of your bite and cosmetic results. If several teeth are missing, then the dentist chooses two implants for supporting the teeth and lessens risks involved with them. But when all the teeth are missing, then he opts for “All-on-Four” implant treatment for supporting denture or bridge.
- Design of your teeth: This is very important for patients who want to undergo implant procedure for overall aesthetics and cosmetic improvement of their smile. In such situation, the dentist plans for the position of implant and design of ultimate porcelain restoration.
- Any additional works: Any pre-implant dental work needed such as bone countouring, bone grafts or infection control provides better appropriate profile.
- The usage: This is when implants help in the support of bridge or denture.
Thus, full mouth dental implant treatment is the perfect option for people who are looking for an alternative to dentures and effective solution to their missing, failing and rotten teeth. Don’t forget to ask your dentist about full mouth dental implants package deals in Turkey before undergoing the treatment for your improved look.