MBBS in UK for Indian Students
The cost of MBBS in the UK is determined by two factors, the cost of MBBS in the UK and the cost of living. Let’s check cost of pursuing MBBS in UK for Indian students you should know if you are planning to immigrate to UK.
MBBS Tuition Fees in the UK
The average cost of MBBS in the UK ranges from £ 27,000 to £ 54,000 a year for international students, which includes tuition fees as well as other fees charged by universities.
Tuition fees vary widely between universities and the specialties chosen by the student. Fees are determined on the basis of the division of the course year or semesters. MBBS in UK fees in Indian rupees range from 22 to 52 Lakh per year.
Cost Of Living While Studying At MBBS in the UK
The average cost of living and accommodation in UK can go up to £ 1,300 a month. Although transport services are cheaper, most of the cost comes from accommodation, especially when international students want to live in a private home. The rent for the house varies from 500 to 700 € / month.
Grants for MBBS in the UK
There are several MBBS scholarships for international students in the UK. Here are the main scholarships to consider in undergraduate programs in medicine:
Name of the Scholarship
Scholarship for Hull York International Medical College
- Students studying medicine at Hull York Medical College
- Benefit and Amount of Scholarship – Covers 1/4th of the tuition fees in the UK during the first two years.
Scholarship for John Abernethy
- Students to pursue MBBS / BDS programs at Queen Mary University of London
- Benefit and Amount of Scholarship – £5,000 for each of the five years of the course
Scholarship for King University
- Students pursuing Bachelor programs in medicine at King’s College.
- Benefit and Amount of Scholarship – Partial funding and applicable to all courses offered by the University.
Scholarship for Education Future International
- Students for Bachelors and Masters Programs.
- Benefit and Amount of Scholarship – Partial Funding and applicable for all courses applied by Indian students only.
Scholarship for Brunel University London International Excellence
- Pursue Bachelors and Masters Courses.
- Benefit and Amount of Scholarship – Partial Funding and applicable for any courses from any international country.
In addition to the above, there are many other universities in the UK that offer scholarships to international students to complete the MBBS. Be sure to visit the official website of your chosen university for more information.
Job Opportunities after Completing MBBS in the UK
After completing a 5-6 year MBBS period in the UK, you can start working after that. Here is a list of the best job opportunities after graduating from MBBS in the UK:
Jobs and Average Salary per Year
- Anesthesiologist – £ 56,000
- Hospital Doctor – £ 51,500
- Obstetrician – £ 55,000
- Clinical Investigator – £ 39,000
- Cardiologist – £ 81,000
Considering a medical degree from the UK has its advantages. The UK has always been the most popular student destination for studying praised subjects, which in this case is MBBS. Use the information shared above to make sure you analyze it well and make the right decision. Contact study abroad consultants in India today for expert help!
Also Read: A Guide to Living and Study in UK