Unlike the name that appears on your Facebook page – your display name, in other words – the Facebook username works in an invisible background. Facebook users’ names are created to help users find the people or pages they are looking for, among the billions of profiles and Facebook pages that fit into this vast social media field. This process is the same as changing username on Twitter, we have already written on How to change username in Twitter?
And when you make a connection using your Facebook name, you can send it to anyone, allowing them instant access to your logo or pages. Facebook usernames help you get rid of many of those names.
Think of it this way: Finding your new friend Nick Blex’s Facebook account is like finding a magic wand in a hay-filled garden. Finding nick.blex1122 Facebook page will be a bit easier. Especially if Nick Blex’s sent you the link www.facebook.com/nick.blex1122.
When you create an account, Facebook automatically names a user, which often does not exist, with your name and many numbers.
If you want to change your Facebook username or change the username of the Facebook page you manage, do it carefully: When you change your current username, you can not go before, because any unique name can only be. Used once.
Process to Change Facebook Username
- Log in to your Facebook account
- And click on the black triangle at the top right of the page.
- Click “Settings” in the drop-down list.
- On the next page, read “Username” in turn and show your current user, click “Edit”.
- Enter the new username you want (if not, a red X will appear with the message “Username does not exist”).
- When you get the username you want, click the “Save Changes” button.
Process to change Facebook Username On a Page
- Click on the “About” section on the left side of your page.
- For the page username of your page, select the “Edit” option next to the section.
- Type the username you want, and if so, click the “Create Username” button.
- Your new usernames are now assigned, and any previous usernames you use are not available to anyone, including you.
Can I change or edit my Facebook username?
Yes, you can change your Facebook username. On Facebook, you can edit your user type of web or web and mobile. However, you must use Messenger to correct your Facebook username. If you make a spelling mistake or want something else, you can follow these instructions to correct your Facebook username.
What happens if I change my username on Facebook?
As an end-user, you can find only one change on Facebook after editing or changing your username. As you change your username, the default URL of your Facebook profile also changes. This is called Facebook empty URL And after changing the username it looks like this: https://www.facebook.com/your-username.
How many times did I change my username?
Facebook allows users to change their usernames twice in total. One – you can switch from a traditional URL to a blank URL by changing your username. Second – you can edit the custom username after 60 days of switching from the original URL. Whether you use the Facebook website or the Facebook Messenger app, the number doesn’t change.
Why can’t I change my username on Facebook?
There are three reasons why you can’t change your Facebook username. One is that you recently changed your username. Facebook allows you to change your username once every 60 days. Two – You have reached your username change quota. As already mentioned, you can change your username twice. Three – The username you selected is not available. You can set anything as your username if Facebook supports it and is available at the same time.