Clogged pipes can happen in a number of ways. They can happen due to a buildup of hair, food and grease washed down the drain. They can also happen due to the accumulation of soap scum on the inner surface. Over time, the inner surface can become so clogged with soap suds. It starts to go back down the drain. Plumbing problems are commonly caused by clogged sewer pipes in the kitchen, laundry and bathrooms, as well as outside drains. In this article, learn how to Unclogging Pipes in your home.
How to unclog clogged pipes in 5 tips:
There are many home methods to unclog clogged pipes. Here are 5 of the most popular:
1) One of the most common is the use of a rubber hand plunger. This is a basic tool that creates suction to pull water and other clogs out of pipes. It works by pushing air into the toilet or sink and sucking out any clogs that are in the pipes;
2) Another way to unclog pipes is with a high pressure water jet. It can be from a domestic washing machine. This device uses pressurized water to clear any clogs in your pipes. The larger and more clogged the pipe. The more pressure there must be on the jet;
3) Another way to unclog clogged pipes is using a hose that will serve as a pressurized domestic washer. However, the common residential hose must have good pressure to be effective.
4) Pour about 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain followed by 1/2 cup of vinegar, salt and lemon, plus hot water and wait about 15 minutes and repeat the process.
5) Pour boiling water down the drain followed by detergent, half a cup of bleach and wait up to 10 minutes before throwing it down the drain for at least two minutes.
To unclog a clogged pipe, you must shut off the water supply to the place where the clog exists. If it’s in a kitchen or bathroom sink, use a wire to remove debris that is obstructing the passage of water.
Never use chemicals like green devil or similar. These products can corrode dirt, but cause serious damage to the pipes in the long term, in addition to posing risks to the health of those who use them.
It is important to know how clogged pipes are happening to prevent them from happening again. The recommendation is to call a plumber and check your pipes so that the cause of the clog can be found and fixed.
How to avoid clogged pipes in your home in the future:
If you want to get rid of clogged pipes at home, you need to follow some rules that are efficient and very important to ensure that your home does not have problems with clogged sewers or pipes from sinks, toilets and drains. Commercial Plumbing Lubbock TX
See some tips:
· Change your habits. If you and your family are in the habit of throwing toilet paper down the toilet, as well as sanitary pads and allowing soap residue and hair strands to fall into the bathroom sink, you will soon have clogged pipes.
Start using drain plugs with a closure or Japanese drain that prevents any debris from falling into the pipes. In the toilet, only physiological waste and use a trash can next to the toilet;
· In the kitchen, the use of a grease trap is essential to prevent food leftovers and used oil from coming into contact with the sewer. The grease trap is very efficient and must be cleaned periodically to ensure its efficiency;
· In the external and bathroom drains, always use lids with closure, because that way, animal hair, as well as leaves and other dirt do not fall into the sewer;
· Have a hydraulic plant in your house to ensure that the water is drained to the sewer and make sure that there is a rainwater pipe dedicated to rain.
And if, even with all the care, the pipes have clogged, plumbing tips help you.
Our company has more than 15 years in the market and 2 thousand satisfied customers. Ask for your quote now and have a low price and guarantee with service in Lubbock Tx capital and metropolitan region. Count on the solutions of the Plumber in the Neighborhood.