Rolled oats are full of nutrients. They are rich in fiber, so they keep your gut healthy. It also has antioxidant properties and protein. So you are nourishing your body every time you consume oats. Even though rolled oats are part of Neuherbs women’s health products which enhances your overall health, you cannot eat oatmeal every day. Sometimes you want to try a different recipe using Neuherbs rolled oats. Isn’t it? Something sweet or savory or quick but at the same time delicious. Fortunately, there are several ways to include rolled oats in your diet.
Recipe 1: Pumpkin oatmeal muffins
This is a versatile recipe because you can eat it for breakfast or have it as a dessert or snack. It uses rolled oats for a chewy texture. Moreover, these muffins use fall spices making your muffins extra special.
- Rolled oats flour- 1 ½ cup
- Whole rolled oats– 1 cup
- Instant oats– 2 tbsp (for topping)
- Pumpkin puree- 1 cup
- Cinnamon- 1 tbsp
- Eggs- 2 or curd- 1 cup (for eggless option)
- Baking powder- 1 tbsp
- Sugar or jaggery or stevia- as per taste
- Olive or coconut oil- ¼ cup
- Cacao nibs- ⅓ cup
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together except sugar.
- In another bowl, mix egg or curd with sugar/stevia. Mix till they are well-combined.
- Now, add oil and pumpkin puree and mix well. Now, add cacao nibs and fold the batter.
- Add the muffin batter to the muffin tray after lining it with paper. Place the batter equally.
- In a preheated oven, bake for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- After they cool down, sprinkle some instant oats on them and enjoy.
Recipe 2: Chocolate chip oats pancakes
Do you love pancakes? Then try these rolled oats pancakes which are healthier and gluten-free.
- Rolled oats flour- 1 cup
- Yogurt- ½ cup
- Milk- ½ cup ( any milk you prefer)
- Brown sugar/jaggery/stevia- 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp
- Butter or oil or ghee- 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder- ½ tbsp
- Chocolate chips- 1 tbsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- If you do not use rolled oats flour, grind rolled oats into a fine powder. You can also use instant oats for this recipe.
- In a bowl, mix rolled oats flour with yogurt, milk, sugar, ghee, and vanilla extract.
- Once they mix well, add cinnamon powder and chocolate chips/ cacao nibs to it and let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan, and sprinkle some oil or butter or ghee. Scoop a handful of batter and spread it. After you start seeing bubbles, turn them over. Rolled oats pancakes should be light golden brown.
- Serve this with fresh fruits or a drizzle of honey or cut almonds. They are nutritious and delicious.
Recipe 3: No-bake oats & peanut butter granola bars
Granola bars are protein-rich energy bars that you can munch on anytime. Why buy them from the market when you can use rolled oats to make them at home? Trust us, they are healthier & tastier when you make them at home.
- Instant oats– 1 cup
- Wholegrain puffed rice- 1 ½ cup
- Seeds mix- 1 cup
- Dried fruits- 1 cup
- Peanut butter- 1 cup
- Honey- 1/ 2 cup
- In a pan, heat peanut butter and honey till they melt well.
- In another bowl, mix all instant oats, rice, seeds, and dried fruits.
- Mix the peanut butter sauce with oats and all. Combine well.
- Now, in a pan, add lining paper. Add the mixture and spread it out. Press with the help of a cup to make it even.
- Refrigerate it for four hours or more. Cut them in a protein bar shape and enjoy.
Since oatmeal is rich in fiber, it will affect your bowel movements. Thus, it is better to include them in your diet gradually. Rolled oats are naturally gluten-free, so if you are looking for a gluten-free option, they are perfect for replacing your wheat flour.